Monday, August 15, 2011

Conversation with yourself

We all have personal conversations with ourselves. Are you speaking positive words to yourself, "I am successful, business is great, I am a people magnet."  Or are you saying, "No one is buying this stuff, I can't get anyone to book a show with me, That person is successful but it never works out for me."

Monitor your conversation that you have with yourself. Make it a practice to read and say affirmations every morning and every evening. When we speak positive to ourselves we may encourage ourselves to do things like approach a well dressed woman in the mall to give her your business card. When we speak negative to ourselves, we self sabotage ourselves and we may put ourselves down like beating yourself up because you didn't approach the well dressed woman in the mall.

This week make it a habit to say 10 wonderful and encouraging things to yourself in the morning and the evening. Then during the day when you are tempted to say something negative stop yourself and say "NO, I'm not talking down to myself I'm only speaking up to myself!"

There is a great tool that you can use. Wear a rubber band on your wrist and when you have a negative thought pop yourself with the rubber band. This way you will train yourself to stop the negative self talk. Here is a resource positive thoughts band.

Monitor your conversation with yourself and encourage yourself!

Michelle Gill Newton
directsellersmotivation@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment