Friday, January 21, 2011

Being Intentional

Being intentional is so important in this business. I think I've heard it a million times but I don't always operate my business with intention. I find myself floating from one thing to the next before I finish my goals.

My husband is a master handy man. I love that I have a man who can fix stuff. The problem is that he stops when 95% of the work is done. He'll say, "Oh I just have one more thing to tighten or screw in and it's done." I'm always confused as to then why doesn't he do that last thing so he can mark it off as complete? Why leave it uncompleted?
I realized that I do the same thing in my business. I may have  set a goal of 5 people to call  and I have one more prospect to talk to and I don't complete the task. I'll stop at the 4th person. I was listening to Belinda Ellsworth's training CD, "Recognizing and Rising Above Self Doubt". She described me to a Tee. I am a person who "Resigns", that means I stop or quit before I've finished my goals. When I heard this the light bulb really went off above my head.
If you would have asked me I would have told you that I am not a quitter. Now taking a look at my actions I now see that yes Michelle you are a resigner!
I am now making the commitment to work with intention to complete my goals. I will have success and will complete the task at hand.

It took intention for me to complete this blog .

Make it a great & successful day!!
Michelle


Michelle Newton
directsellermotivation@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment