Monday, April 11, 2011

In the race

I feel like I am always busy. If I'm not doing something for my family, or friends, then it's something for the business. I spend a lot of time doing busy work but I had to ask myself what am I really completing. You can do a lot of things but are your producing results? Are you taking action or are you just preparing to take action?

I am part of a mentoring group and we prepare a weekly schedule so we know what we have to do in regards to our business. Our coach holds us accountable for a certain amount of hours dedicated to our direct sales business. I looked at my schedule this week and I realized I don't have a lot of action items on the schedule. I'm scheduled for this training or that conference call but am I producing sales from these activities. Direct sales trainer,  Debrena Jackson Gandy calls it "IGA" Income Generating Activities. How many IGAs do I have on my schedule?


I spend a lot of time getting ready but I need to spend more time in ACTION. I had the privilege of seeing Alvin Day speak at a conference and he said, "Our business is like a race. You can imagine the announcer saying On Your Mark, Get Ready... but there is no GO! We stay stuck at Get Ready!" I am committing today to not just be busy but to take action.

I don't want to watch the race from the sidelines I want to WIN!
On Your Mark, Get Set, GO!

Michelle Gill Newton
Direct Seller Motivation

No comments:

Post a Comment