Saturday, May 14, 2011

Serving Others

I wanted to share with you an excerpt from my forthcoming book, Direct Seller's Secrets to Staying Inspired- Your S.S.I. 


Starting a new business is never easy whether you are new to direct sales or you are starting with a new company. You need the assurance that you can be successful. When I started my current business, I had the knowledge of the industry but it was a new product and people weren’t familiar with the line in my area. The thing that saved me is that people will do business with people that they like. I made it my mission to reconnect and work on my relationships.

I am blessed enough to have a good friend and accountability partner in the business. Each week we talk about new approaches we can take to grow our business. This particular week, we were discussing the Mother’s day season. It was May of 2010 and historically for me that has always been one of my best seasons. We came up with many ideas on how to get our products in the hands of Moms before the holiday passed. 
 I started calling people on my warm list but began to be unhappy with my results. I started to feel really down. I couldn’t figure out why I was not as success with this new line. I started to doubt myself and doubt my decision to join this company. 
Once I stopped doubting myself I realized that I needed to step out into a larger circle of people if I wanted to grow my brand in my local area. l needed to get exposure and get out to meet new people to turn the leads into actual parties or customers. I decided I had to make a change or I would be force to go back to a corporate job which I did not want to do. I had to start to approach my business in a different way.
I started to offer my spa service to different organizations. I went to different places, set up my products and did hand scrubs. I looked at it as giving my time and giving of myself. The women loved the products. They loved the experience and my attitude of providing a service to them. From just going to serve, I made sales, made bookings and met new business partners.
The difference is I shifted my attitude from what was not working to an attitude of giving a service to them. I made the decision to not just stay in the same place and just complain. I took action and the action was to focus on the gift I could give. 
When you give you will always receive back. As independent representatives we offer great customer services they can’t get in department stores or by buying on line. We can offer the experience. Once I took the focus off of me I saw the shift in my business and I started attracting positive results.
 
“Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, shall they give into your bosom.”  Luke 6:38 SV 

Do you have an attitude of serving others?

Michelle Gill Newton Author
Direct Seller's Secrets to Staying Inspired-Your S.S.I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment