Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Structure

STRUCTURE in your finances means you could be spontaneous. Spontaneity is based on Structure.

How STRUCTURED are you in your business? I had a customer call me because her order was delivered there was two items missing. It took me a few moments to put my hands on the order. I was so glad that I've been working on STRUCTURE in my office so I can find things.

I then had a party to do later that evening. I usually go over my items to make sure I have everything but this time since I had and event the day before I didn't check. I realized once I arrived that I did not have order forms? What am I going to do? I've been in direct sales long enough to know you've got to have order forms!!! I though to myself that I just have to tell the guests that I don't have my forms but I will write out the orders for them. I made a joke that I'm glad I work for myself so I can't fire myself when I make mistakes and everyone understood.  I didn't follow the STRUCTURE I had in place for my events. I gave myself more work and more worry by not making sure I had everything that I needed before I left home.

Are you missing out on sales because you don't have STRUCTURE in your business? Missing out on leads? I do the things I have to do now, so I can do the things I want to do later.

I visualize myself calling my husband to let him know we are going away for a spa weekend together. I've gotten a babysitter for the kids and we jump in the car when he gets home from work and we drive off to a romantic weekend. I can see my hair blowing in the warm breeze as we drive over the JFK bridge on our way upstate. I can smell the sweet warm air and feel the sun on my face.  

I need to keep STRUCTURE now so I can bring my vision into reality.

Is there something spontaneous you'd like to do?

Michelle Newton
directsellermotivation@gmail.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment